Monday, February 27, 2006

Cramming for Tests

Well, the AKI organization has spring testing and it's due to happen in April. This means that from now until then, my dojo will have Saturday and Sunday classes. This is great, except the soreness I feel on Monday morning (after regular Sunday class), I will now feel on Sunday morning- only to be renewed fresh for Monday.

In other dojos, one day will be strenuous and maybe the next will be kind of relaxed. It just depends on the teacher that day or what techniques are being taught. Well, EVERY AKI class is strenous. At then of class, we all take ukemi (falling) from the teacher and/or senior students. We take it until we are panting and our legs are heavy. At this point, that doesn't take long for me.

Also, since I will be testing, I am now generally working with the senior students. This means more falling down, more getting up, and more knee-walking than when working with beginners. I'm sure, in 20 years, I'll look back and smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home