Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Iaido Crux

I lifted this picture from the web. I believe it's a picture of Tamiya Sensei.


I'm at an important point in my Iaido life. I have to decide to make the effort it's going to take to pursue it or quit. It's not as immediately rewarding as most other pursuits are. While practicing, it's an intense battle with one's self. Not to mention, I still can't tie the proper knots on my obi and hakama. In fact, some of the people in class, trying to help me, can't do it either. Last week, I got back too late from other business (hiking and aikido) and on another day was just too exhausted from a different hike, that I didn't go to three classes. For any of you that have started something new, enjoyed it, and then missed a few classes, you know how easy it is to just quit. Just as a teacher has a responsibility to teach, a student has the responsiblity to learn.

I am going tonight to try and get a feel for it again. I may have actually been too tired last week to go. From aikido and hiking, my legs were tired and heavy every day. It also might be, that it's just not for me. In the chance, that I just don't "fit" in this dojo, I've made plans to visit a different dojo teaching a similar art, this Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home