Monday, September 18, 2006

Soga Ryu Toyama Ryu Battojutsu

Here's a picture of the sword stand that we use in class. My sensei made it himself! His handmade bokto and shoto are also in this picture, as well as his katana. The banner has the symbol that he made to represent his goods.



Here is Soga Sensei, himself, taking a picture just like the one, up above.



This is called a tanrenbo. It weighs 2.1kg is supposed to be used as a weighted practice sword. You practice one and two handed overhead swings with it. Soga Sensei made it and I think he gave it to me. In Japanese, he asked me:
Do you have a tanrenbo?
No.
Would you use one?
Yes!
Do you want one?
Really!?
OK. Later I'll give one to you.
Really? I'd like to express my most hearfelt thanks (domo arigatou gozaimasu?).
After class, he got it out of his van and handed it over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home